Today was a big day: we bought our house!
The paperwork took much longer than anyone expected, but with the renovation and all permits done and after the official waiting period (of another 7 weeks for anyone to object to our permit) we have signed for the house. Finally final.
And while we were at the notary we signed last will and testaments and a living-together contract as well.
We celebrated with a lunch with my parents at the new Waldorf Astoria on our canal. (we were seated on the blue sofa's on the left)
All babysitting options had fallen through, but Suzy was well behaved and generally adorable in her little Italian dress. Adding helpful comments "Uh oh" when I dropped something, and helping DP eat his cake. In the hotel she would trundle around and steal hearts and smiles all around.
When we got home DP suddenly got nervous about paying our monthly costs, we did some excel but that did not really help. He even claimed he wanted to stop his weekly day off for Suzy. Then we all took naps.
I googled for a picture of the dress, and was surprised to see an Italian look alike of Suzy modelling it.
Her face is different, but the hair is spot on (and I found a second hand version in red of the blue stripey dress)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Congratulations! That's one big step even though I know it was just a formality. Enjoy your true new home and I love the outfit!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Something to celebrate. How wonderful.
ReplyDelete(I love the uh-oh phase. Very sweet.)