Wednesday, April 23, 2014

GP says

At the dentist I pointed out this weird bump on my upper gums. I did remember that at that exact spot I had had a root canal treatment before, so I figured it couldn't infect any more.
I was right about the spot, it was treated in 2009 indeed. But the very tip of one of three roots was bending backwards, and could not be reached 100% but only 90%. For most people that should have done the trick. I'm not most people apparently.
Also something not quite normal on the other side, so he even though he couldn't see anything he took a picture saying he trusted me knowing my body.
And Yay for needing another root canal done.  The three positive things I can think of
  1. equipment has been improved since 2009 and so has the chance of success
  2. it doesn't hurt now
  3. the first €400 is covered by my dentist insurance
Other than that it seems a stack of bad luck.
Going back mid May.

GP called. the good news is I do not have anaemia or the kissing disease in active form, although she said I have had it in the past. (When though? no clue!)
My TSH numbers are reacting slowly to the higher dose of medication. Since I'm feeling much less tired on it, I'll try this dose (75) for a bit longer. (and not up the dose again because my sleeping is worse)
Also, my FSH and LH were tested. She said I was clearly menopausal.

Yesterday at work I felt a little something. wet. Told myself to practice more kegels and ignore it. When I went to the loo I saw I shouldn't have ignored it. Of course I was wearing light blue summer pants! Had to go home and change. Made me feel stupid. So even though the doctor thinks the numbers mean I should not bleed any more, my body disagrees. I shall call back and ask for the numbers.
Or, my doctor is right and something else is wrong and makes me bleed. Neither option is very attractive.

mhm, coming back to update and say I'm still forgetful. Because I forgot. Duh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry about the dentist and the new root canal! Glad bloods are good and yes do ask for the numbers of FSH and LH, even if they are indicating menopause you can still experience some bleeding, but better be on the safe side, would you not go to a gyn and hear his/her opinion? Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also sorry to hear about the root canal. So the little tip migrated? Or is the lump an infection? (Sorry, I don't mean to pepper you with questions!) "Most people", indeed, hmph. It's not the kind of special we like to be.

    Also sorry about the confusion as to menopausal symptoms or no - no need to feel silly at all, at all. Are you persuaded by what Fran says about the gyn? It didn't occur to me, but now she says it, it seems sensible.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.