Wednesday, March 12, 2014

First steps

Today DP had his weekly 'papa dag', the day he takes care of Suzy.
It was one of the record early summer´s days and they went to a park to have a play in the sandpit (sandbox for American English readers)

When I got home DP waited till I was quite close, and then encouraged Suzy to 'do her new trick'. And indeed she took two unassisted steps from his knees to mine.
With how small her steps are it was over in a flash.  I could hardly believe my eyes. Is weird, we could see this moment coming for months. And for the past weeks we suspected she could, but just wasn't willing to let go of whatever she was holding onto.

With standing unassisted it is a bit different. how long do you need to stand to prove you can do it? Even if it was 10 seconds before falling on her bum again it still felt like it was happening more or less by accident.

I had prepared myself for the possibility she would be taking her first steps at daycare, mimicking other children. I had thought of other scenarios, say, steps away from me.
I'm a tiny bit sad I wasn't there in the park, but loved she would take "my" first steps to be with me.
And I hope DP feels extra happy he has his papa day

4 comments:

  1. This is soooo exciting!! And on papa day too!! You'll see how independent she will be very soon, but mama's cuddles will never grow old! Love, fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Very exciting! Soon she will be running and opening gates, and then the fun really starts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TwangyPearlTheElasticGirl emailed to say:

    And sweet story about first steps. Toddler days!

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.