Monday, February 10, 2014

CD 630

My TSH is back down to 3.8 so that is good I think. T4 is 11 or 13 or something, I think the doctor's assistant said that was ok.
I do not really know how people count 'cycles' anymore after a cycle that worked. I took some bcp's in May 2012, stopped taking them and had some kind of  CD1 followed by the DE-IVF that worked.
 a little spotting , but then many months without any loss of blood.
I had been in denial about the 6 weeks aftermath of living without a placenta again. If I'm not counting that, and not counting the spotting I had in January I was on CD 630, and fully expecting to keep on counting for a very long time.
Didn't various doctors tell me I had no more eggs? shouldn't that imply my ovaries cannot produce oestrogen anymore, and no more cycles for me? Menopause, to use that word?
Suzy's first birthday is around the corner, just a fortnight away. She is hardly a baby anymore. And my body thinks this is the right time to... what?... show me... I can still have a period?

(yes yes, I admit I am still breastfeeding. Partly to have that as prevalent reason not to have a period. Partly health reasons. Partly because this is the only chance I get. Partly because I love it. Mostly because Suzy loves it. Especially that late night feed when we all fall asleep afterwards in the big warm bed, even DP loves that one)

I realise many people have periods knowing they are just for show and nothing fertile. I think there are 10 years between end of fertility and last period (why does the last period not have a greek name? It should, shouldn't it?) It was just nice to not have to deal with useless blood shedding, no reminder of not being able to make babies naturally while it lasted. Who knows, I might be grateful for these later if I'll have to deal with real hormonal withdrawal symptoms then. Now I'm just grateful I hadn't thrown out every last tampon when we moved.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the breastfeeding!

    I completely lost track of my cycles after I had the Boy - I can still barely remember what day I'm on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what to say, but I agree that a woman's last period should have some sort of grand name to mark its significance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that a woman's last period should have a grand name to mark its significance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy is nearly ONE. [!!! Swoons in disbelief.] Shall you have a party?

    The thing is you never know till afterwards that it was indeed the last. I am trying not to resent the monthly reminder that my fertility has waned. At least it doesn't hurt anymore and I don't know what I'd prefer. A sudden stop instead of the slow decline? Hmph. Not that we can choose, anyway.

    Good news about your TSH, to leave it on a brighter note.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.