And the weather was supposed to be very stormy.
I didn't feel good about it and decided to work from home.
The windows were rattling and at times it felt like the house was shaking. The water in the canal was swept sideways, sirens were riding past and all the sounds made me uneasy.
Then the painter who was working on another part of the house heard it on the radio: a tree on our canal had fallen, and killed a woman. If I would be so kind to stay inside.
I followed his advice and slowly a knot tied in my stomach.
This is what I saw the next morning, one bridge away from our new place:
Can you believe how calm the water is again?
Then I turned to go to work, and was shocked to see another tree, at another bridge:
I missed this completely! Oh my what a terrible storm you got and those were big trees! Delighted you are safe.
ReplyDelete