Yesterday was a good day.
Weather was fine, not cold yet, not wet. An excellent day for walking, so I joined the BFG on the big walking tour (Dam to Dam) from Amsterdam to Zaandam, 26 km. (16 miles)
Proud as a peacock I went home, with very sore calves.
My cousin (who knows about these things) advised to drink lots of fluids and to keep moving. Also massaging and warm bath/shower. I discovered quickly that he was right: sitting still, even with my legs up made them hurt more. (Massaging was too painful)
This motivated me enough to go to a birthday party of some friends who have been through a long IF journey. When the invite came a couple of weeks ago I had very carefully asked if they wouldn't hurt having a pregnant guest, and straight away I got the answer I would be more than welcome as they were finally expecting as well. They are 6 weeks ahead of us. At the party I found out they had gone the same route we did! Another friend of them was most pregnant, and somehow we spend most of the evening comparing treatments and bellies. Strange relief to be among a DE-IVF majority. And I left with two pairs of pants.
This morning I think it happened. 4:56 AM. I think I felt something moving...A little blub?. Of course it could be gas. it could be a muscle twitch. it could be my own heartbeat that sometimes resonates in my belly. it could even be my imagination. But I'm hoping it was a sign of life from the grasshopper.
So I'm sitting really still on the sofa, hoping it will happen again. Hoping the magic will capture me (and protect us)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you had such a good day. And yes, I think that you felt something. Things that you think might be gas or muscle twitch when you're just about to be able to feel the first baby movements are definitely the first baby movements. So... YAY!
ReplyDeleteOh, it's so very exciting when you first experience the baby's movement, more so when you actually realise it's the baby and not gas. I am so excited for you Valery and so happy you have some close friends walking the same walk as you. Take care. DM
ReplyDelete26km??? OH my! I would be in bed for days! You are so fit and good for you! I am sure more kicks will come very soon. Much love, Fran
ReplyDelete