Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Plan D: the last step

And suddenly her email popped up: The clinic strongly advised Fof against the stimulation medication, because of the risk of her depression returning. So she will not be donating her eggs.
I was so afraid this would happen. And now it did.  Plan D fell through before we even got started.
I called DP at work and he was disappointed. I think he said 'Bummer', he hadn't expected this. I decided to call my brother and cry on the phone some more. My poor brother, he didn't even know about plan D, he felt so deeply sorry for us. Then I called HB (and he sent DP home when he heard)

We had gotten used to the idea of Fof as our donor in the past 6 months, grown quite fond of her. Grown attached to the hope of this journey.
And now it is over. I can't even say that we are back where we started, we're older and sadder now, with less options.

HB is coming over today to bake apple pie, my favourite cousin will come over tomorrow to eat it (she doesn't know the news yet)
And I'm secretly grateful my parents just left for two weeks, still have to practice sharing my sadness with them. It means we can use their car and plan a little weekend away, to the Belgian Ardennes. Stomp up a hill, eat nice food with lovely beer for DP (and who knows ~talk about plan E).

8 comments:

  1. Oh Valery, I'm so sorry!! This must hurt really bad. Take care of yourself and I hope the apple pie and the weekend in the Ardennes will do you some good. If and when you're ready to think about plan E and you want some first-hand Spanish DE experience, I'd be happy to get you in touch with my friend (American, living in the same French city as I do) who successfully went through that route. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will do some research into Reprofit CZ - for donor eggs. The whole experience cost less than $8K using MyIVFAlternative.com - the wait is 9 months less for about $2K extra than going through the clinic themselves. I had great luck. Sorry FOF didn't work out for you, hopefully you can now start planning for Plan E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so disappointed on your behalf, Valery - everything seemed to be going so well. I am sure FoF is sad, too, that she cannot do this for you. Take care of yourself - enjoy that weekend trip and there is another plan out there for you that will work. I am sure of that.
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valery, I'm so, so sorry this didn't work out with Fof. What heartbreaking and disappointing news. I hope that baking with HB and a getaway to Belgium will bring a bit of cheer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valery, I'm just reading this now, oh my dear friend I'm so so sorry this happened... I know it's still raw now, but it's not the end of the road, you have already looked into clinics abroad, it will work out sweetie, it will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no. I am so, so sorry. How horribly disappointing. Many hugs. Be kind and lovely to yourself. Tea and cake and sweet people who will hug you when you need hugs and leave you alone when you need solitude and will rage with you when you need to rage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that FoF is not able to be your donor. I can imagine how disappointed you are. Hugs.

    Something good did come out of this process though, it got your DP on board with DE. And, it sounds like he is more invested in the process. I hope Plan E comes to fruition soon.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.