Thursday, May 26, 2011

Holding hands

This is me, holding my nephew.


The visit was OK. We went for walks with just my brother, Dutch was spoken indeed, ice cream was bought... There were mildly uncomfortable parts (why send the nanny away to the playground with the older nephew and keep us in the reception room?) but the parts with the whole family in same reception room was relaxing, seeing my brother be the father of his new family, his wife letting the baby sleep on her chest. My mother was holding little grandson as well. DP didn't really get a chance, and said he didn't really want to either. I guess he was done jumping through hoops (disinfecting hand gel is not his thing)
I bought two gifts, two identical very fashionable long sleeve polo shirts, one in baby the other in toddler size. I've asked my brother to take a picture if they ever get the chance to wear it at the same time.

Holding such a small person is magic, I'm trying to just remember that. I don't want to feel anything else...(but hey, tears again)
Back to holding hands with DP again.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. Glad the visit went more or less OK. Hoping and praying you'll be able to holding hands with your own little one sometime (and not too far out in the future).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful photo. (And don't you have the loveliest long slender fingers. Very elegant).

    Glad visit was OK in the end. And that you got to talk Dutch with your brother (the 'English only' rule? Nuts. And rude).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, geez, the freaking hand gel thing. I thought it was just Americans who were so insane about disinfecting stuff.

    I'm glad you had a good visit. Hopefully you and DP will have a baby holding your hands here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~C~ um, you are right, she has an American passport....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful picture... I really do hope you'll be holding hands with your own child someday...

    Smelling that disinfecting stuff always throws me back to some scary months in my life. Yikes. There's people with healthy, full term babies using that stuff, too...? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you got to spend some one on one time with your brother and that the trip was an overall success. I hope one day soon, there will be a pictureof you holding your own baby's hand.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.