Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Lellico

"Lellico, lellicooo, lellicooohooo"
Suzy is performing something in the living room. I do not recognise the melody, or the lyrics.
Then a very faint bulb starts to glow. Sweety, do you mean "Let it go"?
I've tried to avoid disney, but the characters of the movie Frozen, Anna and Elsa, are unavoidable.
And Suzy is very youtube savvy.
We watched the song together, but that melody is a bit hard if you ask me. that last line 'the cold never bothered me anyway' is very applicable for Suzy though.

Anyway, I decided to write down some of the myths I have in my head about family life.

* I bake cookies with Suzy regularly
* I enjoy and engage in activities like finger painting
* I have lots of friends
* I spend time on music with Suzy
* send birthday and christmas cards

You know, i actually feel guilty for not having made lifelong friends in university. My parents had the time of their life, and still have friends from year clubs / orchestra / sorority / fraternity / houses.
I dragged my highschool friend An along to study physics because I didn't dare to go alone. We're still friends, but don't see each other that often anymore.


Things I've given up on already:
-bake my own bread & cookies & cakes & muffins & brownies
-grow veggies (we do not even have a garden) on the balcony
-make fresh pasta / pizza
-play bassoon
-music lessons
-regular workout / bootcamp
-learn to knit or sew and make clothes

Things I do manage:
-stop at red traffic light always
-be on time
-have three healthy meals a day
-fruit almost every day
-get my teeth straightened
-lovely wardrobe
-visit my parents once a week
-have dinner date with DP once a month (or other month)
-yoga on Saturday morning
-regular visits to the zoo
-read newspaper
-Suzy goes to dance class on Wednesdays
-Suzy and DeeDee (and Delia and I) have regular contact/playdate/dinner
-HB comes over for dinner once a month
-J comes over for dinner once a week
-Suzy gets to play outside at least once or twice per day

3 comments:

  1. I love this! And THANK YOU for stopping at red lights! Safe driving should be a priority for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Things you Manage list is an awesome list, and you should be very proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I have SO MANY thoughts about what i *thought* I would do as a mom that have not turned out to be the way things are. But I still carry so much guilt about not living all of those expectations. I think it is extra hard when you spend so much time waiting to become a parent and build up so many thoughts about what it is supposed to be like.

    ReplyDelete

If Blogger eats your comment you can mail me on valeryvalentina at gmail and I'll post it for you.